TriStar Plastics Corp.(the "Company") respects your privacy. Accordingly, we have adopted the following policies and procedures to ensure that any information you provide to us on this Web Site (the "Site") is treated appropriately and with your full knowledge and consent.
Date Last Modified: 2018-05-29
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to explain what information we may collect from you and how this information may be used.
What type of personal information is collected on the Site and how is it used?
Certain areas of the Site may request you to supply us with personal information. We ask for this information only to the extent such information is necessary or appropriate to perform certain functions or activities on the Site (such as a request for product literature, e-Letter subscriptions or an online order). Your participation in these activities is completely voluntary. At the present time, the following activities on the Site may require you to disclose personal information to us.
- Requests for Product Literature or e-Letter subscription. In many cases we offer additional information about the products and services described on the Site. To receive this information by mail, we need you to supply us with certain contact information such as your name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
- Online Orders. Certain information must be supplied to us to place an online order such as your name, company name, shipping address, email address, user name and certain financial information (e.g., credit card number, expiration date). This information is used solely for billing and collection purposes. The contact information may also be used by us in connection with certain marketing activities such as a promotion or new product announcements. The Company will refrain from making these types of communications to customers who have opted out of these programs as described further below
- Contests. When you enter a contest or other promotional event on the Site, we may ask for your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. This information is used to administer the contest and notify winners.
- Personal Profiles. Users of our Site may wish to register with us in order to receive more personalized content and/or participate in certain activities such as setting up a project folder. Our profile registration process requires you to supply us with your name, address, email address, a user name and password, and certain information regarding your interest in our products and/or your project
- Site Use Data. The Company may also collect other information from customers and visitors to the Site such as the user's IP address, domain name, length of time spent on the Site, and the pages accessed during each visit to the Site. The Company uses this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
How will the Company protect my personal information?
We will not share your personal information with third parties, except for our business partners or other entities performing a service or activity that you have requested from the Site (such as an online order).
The Company may disclose information you have provided to us if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on the Company; or (2) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company.
If we gather demographic information from you (for example, your age, education level or household income), we will not share that information in a manner that identifies you as an individual with any other entity, unless we let you know that at the time of collection. When we share demographic information with third parties, we will give them aggregate information only.
Certain information supplied by you to our Site may be password-protected, and you should take appropriate measures to protect the secrecy of your password. If you use a computer in a public place or share a computer with others, remember to sign out and close your browser window when you finish accessing our Site in order to prevent others from accessing your personal information. You are solely responsible for the control and use of each password you create.
Data Protection Act (DPA) and European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We endeavor to ensure that any personal data we collect about you will be held and processed strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and, on and from 25 May 2018, the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What are "Cookies" and does this Site use them?
A Word About Google® Adwords Tracking
AdWords Conversion Tracking works by placing a cookie on a user's computer or mobile phone when he or she clicks on one of your AdWords ads. Then, if the user reaches one of your conversion pages, the cookie is connected to your web page. When a match is made, Google records a successful conversion for you. Please note that the cookie Google adds to a user's computer or mobile device when he or she clicks on an ad expires in approximately 30 days. This measure, and the fact that Google uses separate servers for conversion tracking and search results, protects the user's privacy.
What security measures are employed by your Site?
The Company has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. These include a firewall to prevent unauthorized access to our systems and maintenance of registration information in a separate database. Although we will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet. We will protect the transmission of credit card and other transactional information through industry standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
What about your links to other web sites? Is my information protected by these sites?
This Site may contain links to other web sites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. The Company encourages our users to be aware when they leave this Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by this Site. Additionally, the existence of any external link does not suggest that we are endorsing the linked company or its products or services.
How can I correct or make updates to my personal information?
If at any time you wish to update your information or stop receiving communications from our Site, our partners, or selected third parties, you may refer to the Contact Us form on the site to send a change request to the Webmaster.
A Special Note about Children
This Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. The Company does not intend to collect any personal information or data from individuals that identify themselves as children under the age of 13.
If the Company becomes aware that information from a child under the age of 13 has been submitted to this Site, we will respond to the inquiry, and, when appropriate, delete all personally identifiable information (including email address) concerning that child from our records. That information will not be used for any other purpose, nor will it be disclosed to any other parties. If a parent believes that his or her child has submitted personal information to this Site, you are encouraged to contact us via the Contact Us form on the site.
We believe parents should supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a kid-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from otherwise disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
Changes to Our Policy